You may need to share and exchange files with your team members from time to time. Whether it is a photo of the latest version of your product or a visual update of the latest from an on location work site, media allows you to share information and files with your team. Photos are by no means the only media type you can upload. You can share documents, mp3s, and much more.
- The All Media screen displays your file library. It contains information about the media including who uploaded the content, its associations, creation date, and more.
- You can add additional sortable information fields to the list by adding columns via the column button, highlighted in the green box.
- Upload new content by clicking the upload option, highlighted in the red box found in the left hand column menu.
- You can hover your mouse over the file name of the media file and it display a preview of the file if it’s an image. This is highlighted by the blue circle.
- Select a file. The maximum file size is 8MB, which is typically more than enough for most photos and average sound files.
- Most file types are permissible for upload but some are forbidden. These are mostly executable file types such as : exe, bat, dmg,js,jar, swf, php, cgi, hyaccess, py, and rb. The full list of forbidden extensions is also listed on the upload page in the green box.
- Create associations for the media. Link an opportunity, contact, or account. You may also list the media as a background (which you can change in your settings). This option is highlighted in the red box.
- Add a description of the media and set its permissions (i.e. public or private). If you mark it as private, only you can see it. Otherwise it is publicly viewable.
Media Detail View
- When you create a new file or click on an existing file from the all media overview page, you arrive at the detail View page for that media.
- You can Update information about or Delete the media you currently viewing by selecting those options, highlighted in green, from the left hand column menu.
- You can view and add to the action history of the media from the widget highlighted in the red box. Log calls, create associated actions, or add comments. The actions appear in the area below that text area in the widget. This publisher act the same as any record’s publisher.
- If you are the owner of the media you can update its privacy settings by ticking or unticking the privacy box, highlighted in the purple box.
- To acquire the media, you can download the file with the download button, or you can add the media to your Google drive, also highlighted in the purple circle.
Google drive integration can be completed in the admin tab. Information about Google drive integration can be found in our X2CRM Wiki.
The Files Widget
- When you upload media and specify “None” for the association type, it will appear on the Files Widget, highlighted in red to the right. This is a helpful and customizable little panel in the right hand column of your X2CRM window. This widget is populated with the uploaded media in X2CRM, organized by the uploading user.
- The widget is even more helpful in the sense that it allows you to drag and drop media where appropriate. For example, if you are drafting a new marketing campaign and you want to include some photos, drag and drop them into the body of the email itself. From there you can resize and align the photo as you would in any email editor. For some browsers, you may need to double click the photo to edit it. You can also attach files by dragging them into the attachments box, highlighted in green.