The Dashboard is the homepage of X2CRM. With it, you can instantly see the newest leads, notifications, reminders, calendar events, user location check-ins, and so much more as soon as you login. Like many features within X2CRM, the dashboard is fully customizable so you can easily change or reorganize the widgets to work best for your business.
From here, you can access all the modules within X2CRM. The top blue menu bar (highlighted in red below) provides access to the different Modules. The Dashboard also contains Widgets that help you perform different tasks, such as Calendar widget, Note Pad widget, Doc Viewer widget and more.
Dashboard Record Detail View
The Top Bar (red) starting from the far left consists of:
- Customized logo in the upper left corner.
- Module names – Links to the different Modules. When you hover over a Module name, a drop down will be displayed with actions within that Module you can choose.
- More button – provides access to additional Modules.
- Admin– provides access to the Admin tools (if the user is allowed access to those).
- Profile – shows the current user information. See User Menu Items.
- Users – displays what users are currently logged in to the system.
- Search Box – allows user to type in whatever you want to search for anywhere in the system.
- Box with Blue Number – displays the total number of Notifications the user has. Clicking on the number will provide a drop down box with the Notifications.
- Box with right pointing arrow – This will toggle the right column (blue) in the Dashboard. This window displays widgets that are available to the user.
- Box with Gear Symbol – Clicking this box will show a drop down of additional widgets available for display in the right most colunm.
- Profile – Clicking this will open a drop down menu of items pertaining to the User. See User Menu Items.
The body of the Dashboard consists of four separate columns. The far left (yellow) and far right (blue) columns contain widgets that help you perform tasks. The two center columns (green) contain windows where widgets define what you want to display in each window. The user controls what is displayed in each window and where they should reside on the screen. If you wish to view the middle two columns in larger size, click on the Box with the right pointing arrow (pink) on the Top Bar and this will hide the far right widget column and expand the middle two columns. Click again to restore.
Dashboard Left Column
The left column of the Dashboard remains static in place. It contains multiple functions:
- Profile – shows current user’s name and by clicking on the name will take you to the user’s Profile information page. This acts the same way as the “Profile” button on the right of the Top Bar. See User Menu Items.
- Widget Controls – toggles a slider bar at the top of the middle columns that allows you to adjust the width of the Dashboard columns.
- Show Widget – provides a drop down menu with available widgets that could be displayed in the middle two columns. Choosing a widget will create a new window at the bottom of the right-middle column with this widget information.
- Create Widget – a pop-up menu appears with a drop down menu of available types for a new widget. If you choose one and click on “Create”, a new widget will be created at the bottom of the right-middle column with this new widget’s information.
- Edit Layout
- Filter Controls – this section allows you to set filters on the Activity Feed. The “Simple” view filters the activity feed based on event type. The “Full” view lets you choose exactly what to display based on four filtering criteria:
- Visibility – Public or Private
- Relevant Users – display events realting to specific users
- Event Types – choose which event types to display
- Social Subtypes – choose which social subtypes to display
- Once these filters are chosen, you can Set as Default, Uncheck Filters, Apply Filters, and Create Report based on filters.
Dashboard Right Column
The right most column of the Dashboard is reserved for utility widgets. This column may be hid from view by clicking on the icon in the Top Bar which is a box with a right facing arrow inside. Clicking again will toggle it back open. These utility widgets consist of the following:
- Clock – shows current time
- Calendar – shows a calendar and if the user has any activities scheduled a colored dot will displayed on the day and you can click on the day and see the details.
- Note Pad – space to make any notes
- Quick Contact – allows user to quickly add a Contact into the system. Email, First name, Last name, and Phone may be entered. Creates a Contact record.
- Files – this area allows you to upload external files into the system and have them available in this view.
- Message Board – a message may be entered that is shared with others that are logged in to the system.
- Doc Viewer – allows the user to choose a file that the contents of which will be displayed in this window.
- Active Users – shows which users are logged on to the system.
- Top Sites – the user can add links to favorite web sites here. This makes them readily available to click on and open a new window with the site.
- Tag Cloud – holds tags that may be added to a record.
- Execute Workflow – X2 allows the user to trigger a workflow from within a record. If any module has workflows associated with that module, when the user is in a record within that module, the Execute Workflow widget will be displayed in the right most column. Choose which workflow and click on Execute and the workflow will operate.
Dashboard Middle Two Columns
The current view of the Dashboard shows four data view widgets: New Web Leads, Activity Feed, Lead Volume and Accounts Summary. These can be moved around by simply dragging and dropping into their new location. To create a new widget, click on the “Create Widget” option in the upper part of the left column. Choose the widget type you want and click “Create”. The system will display this new widget at the bottom of the right-middle column. You can now move it wherever you want within the middle two columns. You can also edit the widget by clicking on its gear icon. If you toggle the Setting Bar, you can choose which fields to display by clicking on the column icon and checking the box by each field you want to see. You can sort each field in ascending/descending order by clicking on the name of the field. The blank cell below the field name can be used to filter or search the data in that column.