x2crm quick configuration guide
Table of Contents
Upload Data into X2CRM
Create Company Documentation
Sync X2CRM with GSuite
Frequently Used Administration Tools
Upload Data Into X2CRM
Contacts are the core of any business. Importing your business’s contacts, accounts and opportunities is the most important step in configuring your new X2CRM installation. You can easily upload your company’s existing data into a specific X2CRM module.
- Before starting the data upload process, save your records as a .csv (comma separated value) file. Files that are saved as any other format will not be recognized by X2CRM’s data uploader and will not be able to import.
- Open the X2CRM Import page. There are two ways to reach this page:
- Through the individual module – Choose the module that you want to import your data as. Under the Actions table on the left side of the page, there is a “Import [Module]” action. Selecting this link will redirect you to the data import page.
- Through the Administrator Tools Page – Administrators can access their extensive tools page by clicking the “Admin” button on the right side of the toolbar. Select “Data Import and Export Utilities” and choose “Import Records”. X2CRM will ask what module you’d like to upload and will redirect you to the data import page.
- On the “Import Contacts from Template” page, select the .csv file you want to upload. If you expand the “Import Map” option, you will see an option to set the default mapping option for any fields that cannot be automatically mapped. If your data includes many custom fields that you plan on creating within X2, selecting “Create New” instead of “No Not Map” will save you time from re-selecting your mapping options during step 5.
- Click “Submit”. If your data can be uploaded into X2CRM, you will be redirected to the “[Module] Import” page and prompted to map your data fields. If you are not redirected, please resolve any errors and try again.
- On the “[Module] Import” page, you will be asked to match your .csv’s data fields to X2CRM fields. X2CRM will automatically try to match field types, so some of your data may already be properly mapped. For any fields that X2CRM cannot automatically match, you can select “Do Not Map” which will ignore the data field, “Add New Field” which will create a new text field with that data entry, or “Apply Tags” which will create and assign that field as a tag for the specific entry. Under “Process Import Data” you can choose a number of specific actions X2CRM can execute with your data import.
- Once you have all of your fields properly mapped and selected any imported data processes, just press “Process Import” on the bottom of the screen to begin your upload.
Email is one of the most important methods of communication for any business. By syncing your email account(s) with X2CRM, you’ll be able to send emails directly from any contact, account, or opportunity page, launch marketing campaigns from your email address, and view and send emails directly within X2CRM’s email client.
Sync an Email Account with X2CRM
- Hover on the user profile icon on the right side of the toolbar to load the user drop-down menu. Click on “Manage Apps” to access the “Manage Passwords for Third-Party Applications” page.
- Select the email client you want to add from the drop-down menu then click “Add New”.
- Fill in your email account details. “Name” refers to the name X2CRM will give this account. Input your authentication details, including your ID and password for the email account. For most email configurations, the IMAP setting are automatically filled in. If your business uses their own email server, please contact your system administrator to help you set-up your email account.
- Once you fill in all of the information, click on the “Verify Credentials” button on the bottom of the screen. If all of the information is correct, you should see a “Authentication Successful” notification. Click save.
- On the “Manage Passwords for Third-Party Applications” page, your newly configured email account will be listed. If you want this account to be your primary email, check the “Set as my Default” box.
Set Up an Inbox
- Select the Email module on the toolbar.
- Click “Configure My Inbox”, either on the actions toolbar on the left-hand side or the link in the center of the screen.
- On the “Configure My Inbox” screen, name you inbox, select the correct email account from the “Email Credentials” drop-down menu, enter your email password, and select any settings you’d like this email to have. Click “Save” when you’re done.
- If you are creating a shared inbox, be sure to select the user(s) who will have access to the account.
- Your emails will automatically fill X2CRM’s email client.
If you are running into any issues with your email configuration, please watch our video tutorial that visually walks you through the process of uploading data or review the Email Configuration section of our User Reference Guide.
For advanced email configuration information, review our X2CRM Wiki page on email configuration.
Create Company Documentation
By creating templates for your business’s emails, quotes and documents, you can ensure that all employees are following your company’s specific guidelines for all documentation. The documents module in X2CRM acts as a library for all of your company’s documentation.
- On the right-hand side, select the “Create [Doc, Email, Quote]” action to begin creating the template you’d like.
- Using X2CRM’s text editor, create the document, email or quote template. Emails and quotes can use dynamic variables to personalize outgoing templates with record information.
- Additionally, you can save email campaigns created within the Marketing module of X2CRM as templates to use in the future. Just click the “Save Email As Template” button at the bottom of any email campaign in edit mode.
- Saved documents will be listed in the front page of the documents list. Quote and email templates will be saved in the “Templates” folder. Since they are stored in this folder, they can be selected from any quote or email template drop-down menu. Documents templates can easily be copied by selecting the double sheet icon to the right of the document title. This will automatically open a copy of the template that you can freely edit.
Upload Documentation and Media
There are three different locations that upload files into X2CRM:
- The Documents Module:
- In the Docs module, find the section for uploaded documents under the list of X2CRM created documents.
- To upload documents, drag and drop files directly into the dotted box or click “Select Files” to launch the file explorer.
- All uploaded documents and media are listed at the bottom of the Documents module, as well as being stored within the media module and accessible through the text editor image uploader (if you uploaded an image).
- The Media Module:
- In the Media module, select “Upload” under the action menu on the left-hand side.
- On the “Upload Media File” page, choose the file you want to upload and fill in any additional details and click “Upload”.
- All uploaded documents and media will be listed within the Media module and accessible through the text editor image uploader (if you uploaded an image).
- The Text Editor Image Uploader:
- When editing a template or document within X2CRM, click on the “Image” button to launch the uploader.
- To upload images, click “Upload a File” and drag and drop files directly into the dotted box or click “Select Files” to launch the file explorer.
- All uploaded media will accessible through the text editor image uploader as well as listed within the Media module.
Sync X2CRM with GSuite
If your business uses GSuite, then you can take advantage of the Google sign in, Google Calendar sync, Google Drive access, Gmail sync, Google Maps widget and Contact Heat Map, and Google+ Profile widget and profile search within X2CRM.
- Before you’re able to sync your Gmail account with X2CRM, you need to edit permissions within Google:
- Under your “My Account” (not Gmail) settings, select “Sign-in and Security”.
- Scroll down to “Apps with Account Access” and turn on “Allow less secure apps”. This will allow X2CRM to facilitate SMTP/IMAP connectivity.
- Follow the “Sync an Email Account with X2CRM” instructions found earlier in this guide.
Enable Google Integrations
- Administrators can access the extensive tools page by clicking the “Admin” button on the right side of the toolbar. From there, select “Email Configuration & Connectors” and choose “Google Integration”.
- Follow the instructions listed on this screen. If you complete steps 1 and 2, you will configure Google integration for Calendar sync, Google login, and Google Drive access. If you complete steps 1 to 3, you will fully integrate Google with X2CRM, including integration for the Google+ and Google Maps widgets.
Set up Google Calendar
- Before you can configure Google Calendar with X2CRM, you (or your administrator) must first complete the steps above and enable Google Integrations.
- On the calendar module, select the “Create Calendar” option under the action menu on the left side of the screen.
- If you have not previously given X2CRM permission to sync with your GSuite account, you will need to allow these permissions to continue configuring your calendar. Click the “Link to Google Calendar” button on the bottom of the page. Once you are redirected to Google’s Request for Permission page, click “Allow”.
- Select the calendar you would like to sync X2CRM with from the drop-down menu and adjust and user(s) viewing or editing permissions. Press “Create” to finish the configuration.
- The Google calendar will be listed on X2CRM’s calendar module. Make sure the calendar is checked to display its events within the module.
- To set this calendar as your default, hover on the user profile icon on the right side of the toolbar to load the user drop-down menu. Click on “Preferences” to access the “Change Personal Settings” page. Select the calendar from the “Default Calendar” drop-down menu.
Frequently Used Administrative Tools
Administrators can easily customize their company’s X2CRM deployment to work best with their business needs, maintain organizational standards and best practices, and maximize productivity for all users. The administration tools in X2CRM offers users a wide array of managerial and supervisory abilities, tools, and utilities for regulating detailed aspect of the application and your company.
- In the administration tool panel, select “User Management”
- On this page, administrators can choose to create, invite and manage users. To create a new user, select the “Create User” option.
- Fill in the new user’s first and last name, username, password, and any additional information. If necessary, select the roles and/or groups this user will be assigned to. Then press “Create”.
Manage Users and Permissions
With X2CRM, administrators can choose what modules and features specific users can access. There are two ways to manage users and permissions:
- Create and Manage Groups:
- Under “User Management” of the Administration tool panel, select “Groups”.
- Click “Create Group” under the action menu on the left side of the screen. Name and assign users to the group. Click “Create”.
- By creating groups, you can easily assign lead routing rules, contacts, service cases, calendar events, and more to a group of users.
- Create and Manage Roles:
- Under “User Management” of the Administration tool panel, select “Manage Roles”.
- Under the “Role List” at the top of the page, select “Add Role”. With the role creator you can name the role, assign users, and specify what fields they are allowed to view and edit for any module. Press “Submit” to save this new role.
- Once you have create a role, you can modify what modules each role has access to. Under “User Management” of the Administration tool panel, select “Edit User Permissions & Access Rules”.
- Select a role from the “Edit Role Access” drop-down menu and specify what module(s) and record(s) the selected role can view, create, update, and delete.
Create Custom Fields
In the administration tool panel, select “X2Studio Customization Tools”.
- Select “Manage Fields” to add, delete, and edit custom fields within X2CRM.
- To add a new field, select “Add Field” to launch the field creator.
- Select the module your field will be associated with by selecting it from the “Model Name” drop-down menu.
- Specify what the field will be called. The field name is what the field will be recorded as within X2CRM’s database, while the attribute label is what the field will be displayed as within the specified module.
- Choose the data type the custom field will record data and specify a default value if necessary. Check required, unique, and/or searchable if you would like to apply these capabilities with you custom field.
- Click “Save” to create your custom field.
- In the administration tool panel, select “X2Studio Customization Tools”.
- Select “Form Editor” to add, delete, and edit custom fields within X2CRM.
- On the Form Editor page, select the module you would like to edit from the drop-down menu.
- Select the form version you would like to edit. Modules have differing forms depending on your view type. “Form” refers to the fields displayed when creating or editing a new item within the module while “View” refers to the fields displayed when just viewing an item in the module. You can easily create a new version by pressing the “New” or “Copy” buttons.
- Using the visual editor, drag and drop the attribute fields to add, remove, or reorganize the form’s fields. You can add and name static and collapsible rows, split rows into columns, create read-only fields, and specify label positions with the visual editor.
- Before saving, be sure to specify if you want this form to be the module’s default. Checking “Default Form” will display the current layout when users create or edit a new item within the module while checking “Default View” will display the form layout when viewing an item in the module. If you do not check either of these options, your form will save but not be displayed within X2CRM.
Click the green “Save” button to save your form and display any changes within the modules.
Customize X2CRM with Company Branding
In the administration tool panel, select “User Interface Settings”.
- To display your company’s name on X2CRM, select “Change the Application Name”. Fill in a new application name to change the name displayed on page titles. If you add an application description, it will be displayed on the login page below the application name. Once you are done, press “Submit”.
- To add your company’s logo to X2CRM, select “Upload Your Logo”. You will be able to upload an image file to display your logo on the left corner of the toolbar and/or the login page. Once you are done, press “Submit”.
- To change X2CRM’s color scheme to match your company’s branding, you can create a company theme. Hover on the user profile icon on the right side of the toolbar to load the user drop-down menu. Click on “Preferences” to access the Themes editor in the “Change Personal Settings” page. On this page, you can create a new theme by typing in a Hex color code or selecting a color from the visual picker to redesign any element of X2CRM. To save this theme, click on the “New” icon above the theme list and name your new design.
- Administrators have additional settings for themes. In the administration tool panel, select “Set a Default Theme” under the “User Interface Settings” page. Choose your company’s branded theme from the drop-down menu, and check if you want this theme to be the stock display for any new user and/or enforce use of this theme to prevent users from changing their interface. Press “Submit” to save.
If you are running into any issues with administrative tools in X2CRM, please watch our video tutorials about creating new users, managing user roles, custom data fields, and personalization to visually walks through frequently used administrator tools or review the X2Studio and User Management sections of our User Reference Guide.
Additionally, check out customization FAQs on our X2CRM Developer’s Wiki page.